Falkville Council gives pay increase
By Clif Knight
For the Enquirer
The Falkville Town Council awarded its employees a 3 percent cost-of-living raise and a one-step raise at a regular meeting April 4.
The salary adjustment will be reflected in employee paychecks received this month.
The governing body also approved General Obligation Warrants totaling $825,000 to finance the acquisition, construction and installation of municipal improvements, including roads and drainage facilities.
The council also:
- Rezoned property at 25 Douglas Road from B-2 business to R-1 residential.
- Approved a $500 donation to the Community Free Medical Clinic in Decatur.
- Authorized Window World to replace a window at Falkville Library at a cost of $1,057.
- Approved the opening of a checking account for police department donations.
- Approved the promotion of Sgt. Levi George to assistant police chief, with a grade change to 21-Step A.
The council also announced an Easter Egg Drop would be held in South Park April 9 at 2 p.m. The town will also host a town-wide yard sale April 29-30.