Board of education approves job description for HR director
Special to the Enquirer
At its regular meeting Oct. 19, the Hartselle City Schools Board of Education approved action and personnel items that included a job description for a new human resource director position.
The HR director position is posted on www.hartselletigers.org, along with the district’s requirements and pay scale. The job will remain posted until Nov. 2 or until filled, according to the website.
The board also:
- Approved the CNP bid from Ber-Vel Distribution Company, Pinson, to purchase one Henny Penny gas combi oven.
- Approved out-of-state field trips for the boys basketball team, Barkley Bridge robotics team and elementary gifted students.
- Approved the Termination of Lease Agreement between Hartselle City Schools and The Burleson Center, effective Oct. 19.
- Elected a delegate for the AASB Winter Conference.
- Approved leave requests.
- Approved one resignation: John Davis, custodian at F.E. Burleson.
- Approved one retirement: Brenda Byrd, payroll bookkeeper at the central office.
- Approved four new hires: Cortez Campbell and Tracy Johnson as custodians and Ashlynn McMurray and Kimberly Cobb as student co-op CNP workers.
- Approved a TEAMS contract with Cindy Forsythe, science teacher at Hartselle High School.
- Approved non-employee agreements with Jeff Hyche, part-time career tech supervisors, and Tanya Lybarger Childers, part-time volleyball coach.
- Approved stipends and supplements.
- Approved the following substitutes: Gary Orr, substitute bus driver; Elizabeth Morris and Carissa Hood, substitute nurses; and Katie Gilliland and Kimberly Cochran, substitute teachers.
The board will meet again Nov. 16.