Council annexes East Byrd Road property
The Hartselle City Council granted unanimous approval to the annexation of a 4.6-acre tract of property located on East Byrd Road at a regular meeting June 22.
Approval was recommended by a 5-0 vote of the Hartselle Planning Commission and was subject to a public hearing.
Also approved as an unfinished business item was an ordinance updating the language of B-2 and B-4 zones in the zoning ordinance. The B-4 change allows for the operation of truck stops and travel centers.
The council also acted on the following matters:
- A single-family residence and lot totaling 0.8 of an acre on Highway 36 West was approved for introduction.
- A surplus designation was approved for miscellaneous items in the Hartselle Library.
- A Public Works Department budget adjustment request was granted to allow for the expenditure of $33,000 it obtained from the sale of surplus items.
- A budget adjustment request was approved to distribute a pro rata share of a 2020 Workers Compensation shortfall of $5,572 among all city departments.
- The Administration Department was granted a budget adjustment request.
- Hartselle Area Chamber of Commerce was granted a special event permit for Serve Day July 10.