Hartselle wins Eddie Preuitt volleyball tournament
The 6A No. 5 Lady Tigers hosted the Eddie Preuitt Ford Tournament Saturday at Hartselle High School. The tournament featured six ranked teams, including 6A No. 7 Pelham, 5A No. 2 Madison Academy, 5A No. 3 Mortimer Jordan, 5A No. 8 Alexandria and 4A No. 5 Danville.
The Lady Tigers dominated the competition on their way to winning the title.
In pool play, Hartselle lost only one game on the way to going undefeated, with wins over Alexandria, Plainview, Mortimer Jordan and West Point.
In bracket play the Lady Tigers continued their dominant play with a win over Pelham in the semifinals and a win over Madison Academy in the final.
- Match One: Hartselle defeated West Point 3-1 (22-25, 25-18, 15-12).
- Match Two: Hartselle defeated Plainview 2-0 (25-9, 25-20).
- Match Three: Hartselle defeated Mortimer Jordan 2-0 (25-14, 25-14).
- Match Four: Hartselle defeated Alexandria 2-0 (25-10, 25-22).
- Match Four Semi-Final: Hartselle defeated No. 7 Pelham 2-1 (25-16, 23-25, 15-12).
- Match Five Championship Game: Hartselle defeated No. 2 Madison Academy 2-0 (25-17, 25-22).
- Hailey Holshouser: 39 kills, 83 digs
- Lillyanna Cartee: 23 kills, 71 digs
- Grace Leighton: 115 assists, 31 digs, 14 kills
- Alli Parker: 21 kills
With the tournament victory, the Lady Tigers improve to 25-4 on the season.