Vocational center to get new roof
The Hartselle Board of Education approved an $83,000 bid from All-South Subcontractors, Inc., of Birmingham to replace the roof at the Hartselle Vocational Center at Hartselle Junior High.
The action was take during its regular meeting Jan. 20 at Crestline Elementary School.
In other business, the board:
• added names to the approved substitute list.
• approved out-of-state field trip requests for the HHS cheerleaders to compete in the National High School Cheerleading Championships Feb. 6-11 in Orlando, Fla., HHS medical internship, anatomy and AP biology classes to visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Ga., April 25 and HHS Health Occupations Students of America to visit the Nashville (Tenn.) Zoo April 10.
• allowed Hartselle First United Methodist Church to use three buses for its Discovery event Feb. 14.
• approved resignations from HHS assistant band director Doug Teuscher and JV boys soccer coach Dan Kolenz effective immediately and BBES third grade teacher Beverly Spurlin at the end of the school year.
• hired Reagan Rhone as the JV boys soccer coach, Robert Slack as an assistant softball coach and Amy Pettit as a child nutrition worker.
• approved Savannah Smith as an volunteer coach for HHS track and field.
The next board meeting will be Feb. 27 at HJHS.