Hartselle BOE meeting notes
The Hartselle Board of Education took the following action at its Nov. 17 meeting:
• approved out-of-state field trips for the HHS business education students and FBLA members to Atlanta, Ga, Dec. 5 and HJHS choral students to perform at Six Flags Over Georgia in Atlanta, Ga., May 8-9, 2015.
• approved the first reading of the school calendar.
• approved $2,932 in additional supplemental pay for Hartselle head coach Bob Godsey from the Hartselle Quarterback Club.
• changed its policy for electing board officers from November to May each year at its annual meeting.
• contracted with Bama Group, Inc., for renovations to the HJHS family and consumer sciences food lab. It will be financed using local monies and funding from nearly $200,000 in career tech bonds from the state.