Hartselle BOE tables raises
The Hartselle Board of Education has decided to table giving raises to the school superintendent, chief financial officer and three principals at this time.
School Superintendent Dr. Mike Reed said it would be the board’s decision to bring up the issue. News reports indicated that the salaries would increase by $80,000 for the five positions combined.
In other business, the board took the following action:
• approved the low bid of $1.999 million from Garber Construction to build the new high school athletic facility.
• approved Taylor Keeton for the HJHS band director.
• hired Maribeth Morgan to be the HJHS girls soccer coach.
• hired Tisha Bates as HJHS boys soccer coach.
• hired Reagan Rhone to be the new HHS boys soccer coach.