Thanks for supporting Veterans Day parade
We would like to thank everyone for coming out on Friday to support the first annual Hartselle Area Veterans Day Parade to welcome home and honor our veterans. Specifically, we could not have done this project without the help from the following people:
The Rev. Walter Blackmon for the invocation, the Hartselle High School Band (Randall Key, Director), Mayor Dwight Tankersley and the Public Works Department for the City of Hartselle, Rep. Ed Henry, Ferrell Vest, Doug Moss and Moss Audio Systems, Inc., The Morcohi Chapter of the HHS Honor Society (Hunter Grantland, Brianna Keown, Lindsey Elmore, and Sarah Walker), Chad Ullery, Dan & Kay Staggs, the Falkville High School Band, the Danville High School Band, the Eva Fire Department, the Ebenezer Fire Department, the Hartselle Fire Department, the 152nd Military Police Company of the Alabama National Guard, the University of North Alabama ROTC, the Falkville VFW Post 10774, the Hartselle Police Department, and many others.
Donations were made in memory and honor by the following people:
• Morgan County Cattlemen donated in Honor and Memory of Mr. James Frank Stewart III
• Hot dogs donated by Dotson Family Farms, Inc. in honor and memory of Mr. James Frank Stewart III
• Portable Restrooms donated by Delta Natural Resource Services, Inc., Inc. in Honor and Memory of Harvey Eugene Wynn (Private First Class, 4th BN, 31st Infantry, 196th Infantry BDE, USARV) (Vietnam Memorial Wall, Panel 24E, Line 098)
• Parade Insurance donated by Lisa Daniel Greene in Honor of her father SGT Otis Byron Daniel (Korea / Vietnam U.S. Army veteran)
• Sound provided by Moss Audio Systems in honor and memory of Mr. James Frank Stewart III
• Flowers donated by Bloom in honor of veterans
• Special thanks to Peck-Glasgow Insurance Agency, Pepsi Cola, and Shaneyfelt Shavings, LLC
We would also like to thank our Grand Marshals: Ms. Sue Nelson, Mr. George Hearring, and Mr. Mark Morgan
2011 Hartselle Area Veterans Day Parade Committee were Lee Y. Greene, Jr. Co-Chairman; Robert Dotson Co-Chairman; Cleo Stubbs, Dwaine Howard, Gene Wilson, George Miller,; Brian White, Susie McEuen, and John Glasscock.
Lee Y. Greene, Jr and Robert Dotson, Veterans Day Committee