Hampton, Hazard exchange vows
Holly Beth Hampton of Hartselle and George Stephenson Hazard, III of Columbus, Miss. were married on May 21 at 5:30 p.m. at Liberty Hall in Columbus, Miss., ancestral home of the groom, with the Rev. Brooks Barkley officiating.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Jonathan Hampton of Hartselle. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. John William (Bill) Hampton of Hartselle, the late Mrs. Linda Reynolds Hunt of Hartselle and the late Mr. Dayton T. McCaghren of Moulton.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. George Stephenson Hazard, Jr. and the late Fran Fowler Hazard of Columbus, Miss. He is the grandson of Mrs. Wilma Sim Fowler of Columbus, Miss. and the late Mr. Wilma Sim Fowler and the late Mr. and Mrs. George Stephenson Hazard of Columbus, Miss.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She chose a formal, designer gown of white silk organza. Designed with a strapless, sweetheart neckline. The gown was fashioned with a natural waist and a circular skirt. Multi-dimensional flowers of silk garnished the bodice and cascaded over the fullness of the skirt. A rhinestone graced the center of each floral cluster. The full skirt swept to a semi-cathedral train. Her cathedral length Barcelona styled veil was edged with tiny silver bugle beads. It was held by a bridal bandeau of crystals and pearls.
Maids of honor were Katherine Allison James and Teresa Diane Kilborn, both of Hartselle. Bridesmaids were Ashley Elizabeth Boudreaux, Anna Byrd Thigpen, Melanie Mitchell Daves, and Brittney Segars Carden, all of Hartselle; Samantha Denise Pelham of Huntsville, Haley Morgan Walls of Huntsville, and Beverly Sue Warren of Childersburg.
The groom’s father, George Stephenson Hazard, Jr., of Columbus, Miss. and brother, James Armstrong Hazard, served as best men. Groomsmen were brother of the bride, Jonathan Andrew Hampton of Hartselle, Caleb Allan Brewer of Columbus, Miss., cousin of the groom, William Matthew Fowler of Columbus, Miss.; cousin of the groom, Benjamin Brown Fowler of Columbus, Miss., Adam Tyler Frame of Charleston, West Virginia; Charles Marshall Speake of Eufaula, and Patrick Ratchford Sholl of Chattanooga, Tenn.
A reception was held at Columbus Country Club in Columbus. Assisting with reception was florist Ralph Null.
Bride’s book attendant was Joanna Penn Bordan and program attendant was Marian McLean Stooksberry of Knoxville, Tenn. Susan Jones served as the wedding director. Music was provided by the Mississippi State University Quintet.
The rehearsal party was hosted by George and Marian Hazard on May 20 at 7:00 p.m. at Waverly Waters (West Point, Miss.).
A bridal luncheon was held at Bella Villa in Columbus.
• A Fireside Supper Engagement Celebration was hosted by Columbus family and friends on January 22, at Graham’s Camphouse in Columbus, Miss.
• A bridal shower was hosted by Hartselle family and friends on March 19 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Clark in Hartselle.
• A bridal tea was hosted by Hartselle family and friends on March 20 at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Mark Hendrix of Hartselle.
• A bridal family luncheon was hosted by Phyllis Lemar and Wanda West on April 10 at the Freight House in Hartselle.
• A Tailgate and Celebrate Gift Card Shower was hosted by the bridesmaids on April 16 on Samford Lawn at Auburn University in Auburn.
• A monogram party was hosted by Hartselle family and friends on May 7 at the home of Dr. and Mrs. David Sittason of Hartselle.
• A wedding day luncheon was hosted by Columbus family and friends on May 21 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Davis of Hartselle.
Following a honeymoon to Negril, Jamaica, the couple is residing in Columbus.