Park & Rec. announces holiday events schedule
Hartselle Park & Recreation Department has announced a schedule of holiday events as follows:
• Christmas candy making class: Just in time for the holidays, Connie Brechtel will teach a one-day Christmas candy making class Nov. 26 at 9 a.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. The fee is $10 for registration and $10 for supplies. You must register no later than Nov. 21. For more information, call the Civic Center at 256-77302581.
• Breakfast with Santa: Santa will be at the civic center Sat. Dec. 3, at 9 a.m. He will share a story with your child as breakfast items are being served. After breakfast, each child will have the chance to share his/her wish list with Santa and have a snapshot made with him. The fee, which includes a professional photo, is $7 per child. Please pay at the Civic Center by Dec. 1. We only have space for 50 children. So register early.
• Santa Grams: Surprise your child with a visit from Santa. He will be visiting children two weeks prior to Christmas. Parents, if you would like to schedule a visit to your house, stop by the Civic Center by Dec. 9 to register. Santa will drip by to see if your child is being naughty or nice. He will also bring your child a memento to remember the visit. Space is limited, So register early. The fee is $20 for one child in the household. Each additional child will be $5.
• Letters to Santa: Once again, we have a direct line to the North Pole. Send your letters to us and we will forward them to Santa. He will send each child a personal reply. Send your letters to: Santa, c/o Hartselle Parks & Recreation, P.O. Box 987, Hartselle, AL 35640. Please include a stamp for your return letter. All letters must be received no later than Dec. 12. Teachers, if your plan to do this as a class project, please bring letters no later than Dec. 5.
• Candy Cane Hunt: Celebrate the holiday season at the Candy Cane Hunt. Bring a basket or a sack for your candy and come to Pavilion 4 at Sparkman Park on Dec. 11 at 2 p.m. We are expecting a special guest to appear. Children will hunt by age groups (ages 3 and under, 4-5, and 6 and older). Prices will be given to those who find the specially marked candy canes. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served. There is no hunt fee but we do ask that you register by Dec. 8.
• Youth Wrestling registration: Boys in grades K-8 are encouraged to register for youth wrestling. Registration will be Nov. 15 and 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Civic Center. The fee is $75. This amount includes the uniform, registration fee, al entry fees, trophy and end of the year party. For more information, contact Jimmy Quattlebaum at 773-6217.