Hughes, Calvert exchange vows
Melanie Dawn Hughes, daughter of Mitchell and Linda Hughes of Hartselle and Nathan Keith Calvert, son of Pam Calvert of Decatur and Byron Calvert of Hartselle were married June 18, 2011, at 3 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Hartselle with Dr. Jeff Redmond officiating.
Her father, Mitchell Hughes, gave the bride in marriage.
She wore a lovely gown and carried a bouquet of white roses and mini calla lilies in a variety of pink shades.
Daphne Cost and Mandy Ransom, sisters of the bride, served as matrons of honor. Bridal attendants were Amber Morris and Morgan Snodgrass.
Halle Ransom, niece of the bride, was the flower girl.
The best man was Derek Calvert, brother of the groom. Groomsmen were Brandon Kunze, Dan Williams and Josh Schuster.
The usher was Dillon Cost.
The bride’s book was attended by Tori Calvert.
A reception was held in the church’s fellowship hall following the ceremony.
Following a honeymoon trip to Gulf Shores, the couple is residing in Hartselle.
• A bridal tea was held May 8 at First Baptist Church in Hartselle.
• A bridal shower was held May 14 by the adult women’s Sunday school class at FBC.
• A bridal shower was given May 15 at The Station in Hartselle with Cathy Hignite, Deborah Haynie, Kaye Hilton, and Faith Hyatt serving as co-hostesses.
• A rehearsal dinner was hosted by the groom’s parents June 17 at The Freight House in Hartselle.
• A groomsman’s breakfast was held June 18 at the home of Faith Hyatt and was co-hosted by Ali Huffman.
Wedding photography was provided by Jodi Hyde Photography.